Wednesday, April 04, 2007

HP Sauce and Brand Loyalty

In an odd new story from a few weeks back H.J. Heinz Co. announced they would no longer produce the world famous HP sauce in central England. For some, what I consider to be, stupid reason this really bothered the living shit out of me. I've been well aware for years the very HP sauce I use here at home is produced somewhere here in Canada as opposed to England itself and yet the idea of this HP (which I think stands for House of Parliament though as a kid I swore it stood for HORSE POWER) sauce being no longer made in England distresses me. It will now be made in a factory located in the Netherlands which bothers me even more, again for some stupid reason! So, I will now boycot HP sauce yet for some (yes, stupid) reason I will simply buy A1 Steak sauce instead which is also a Heinz product. Same with ketchup and many other condiments occupying my fridge shelves. Speaking of ketchup, Heinz is the best...no argument here and when idiots try to bring no-name or generic ketchup to a picnic or what not I think they should get a swift bust to the chops! I have no idea what the import of any of this might be, just thought I would share it with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home