Friday, April 04, 2008

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Here is one of those films I avoided like an S.T.D., I mean, some Dutch dude directing a chick flick with Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio.....yeah...that's really gonna float my boat. I don't care if Juliette Lewis and Mary Steenburgen are in it or not! Alas, as is the case with the video collections I've bought sight unseen over they years, if it enters the house I will sooner or later have to watch it and in the case of WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE I was shocked at just how well made it was. Great all around film in look and feel with top drawer acting and a way above average script. Of course you've probably seen it so I don't have to write much about it, especially as I'm behind a hundred or more blurbs from the lasy eight weeks I've been in pursuit of this new discovery of mine called "food". I will say this, the ending is one of the most powerful you will encounter is this type of film....then again...what kind of film is it because I've never seen anything quite like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Glad you didn't add the question mark, Inky C. Bugs me when I see that.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home