Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tombstone

By far my favorite Western of ALL-TIME! George P. Cosmatos who directed one of my childhood faves THE CASSANDRA CROSSING presents action the way it was meant to be and the man has a superb eye for casting. I don't care what you think Kurt Russell's best film is...you will not find him in any better form than he is here as Wyatt Earp and I'm tempted to say the same of Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holliday. Everything is just sheer perfection and even if you despise the genre you will be swept into the bravado and drama of it all. Damn but I wish more films were as well made and enjoyable as this one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

Yep...seent this one so many times I can't tell ya...I own it...but even if it comes on tv I land up watching it again...over and over.

I'm your huckleberry...

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie..though I always had a "thing" for Val...he is outstanding in this movie and really shows his acting chops here. This movie has grit,body and a lot of chew...Just like Candy I too own it and still watch it if it comes on TV.........
Wouldn't you like to be a "huleberry" too..watch it and you will.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home