Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hellbound: Hellraiser II

HELLBOUND would mark the directorial, at least the first credited one, debut of Tony Randel. I met him years ago back in Halifax when he was working on DEF-CON 4 where I gather in some drunken stupor at the SEAHORSE I offended him so bad I was about the only person NOT involved as an extra for that film but that is a story for another day. While Clive Barker`s hand were all over the first HELLRAISER in this case the studios had their way and it shows. Far better effects than the first but sorely lacking any atmosphere or feel and I don`t think Randel is at fault here. The film just reeks of executive interference and as such, and really is there any point in saying this, HELLBOUND is for the serious gore hounds only.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home