Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dead Again

This film brings back a wonderful wave of nostalgia for me as I watch Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson work this labour of love. I can't help but remember Branagh's great line about breaking up with Thompson..."she loves women almost as much as I do" or something along those lines, which of course has nothing to do with DEAD AGAIN but I throw out there anyway. Though dated in look and feel DEAD AGAIN still holds up as a story and certainly deserves repeated viewings to be fully appreciated. It's also interesting to see Branagh work with a wide array of American actors including Robin Williams, Andy Garcia and Wayne Knight who either through bad directing or studio interferance managed to ruin the climax of the film. I'm serious....how Kenneth let this mood killer slip into the mix is a mystery to me and I'm sure you'll agree with me on this one. Still, good supsenseful action and of course a stellar performance from Derek Jacobi make DEAD AGAIN a must have.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes!!! this is a must have, I have it. Great movie. Keeps you on your toes till the very end. Well Done!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home