Sunday, September 02, 2007

The Time Machine

Here is one where I fell victim to the critics and bad word of mouth thus avoiding THE TIME MACHINE like the plague. Of course the original is one of my all-time faves and I had no desire to see another high budget total crap remake of a childhood classic. In the case I couldn't have been more wrong. Directed by the great grandson of H.G. Wells this is one hell of a great ride. There are some visual effects here that will truly make your draw drop. The time machine itself is a wonderful update of the one old Rod Taylor used to zip around in and Guy Pierce is simply superb in the lead. With Jeremy Irons as the lead Morlock you just know there will be some good psycho action. Yes, they have toyed with the story somewhat but all in all I believe you will find this one to be a hell of a lot better than you were expecting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home