Thursday, August 30, 2007

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Whenever I hear people talking of movie magic CLOSE ENCOUNTERS always comes to mind. I was eleven when this now classic film hit the big screen and to say it blew my mind would be an understatement of gross proportions. It was scary, it was serious and it was simply amazing. As so much has been written about it I shan`t bother saying much more. It`s another video going out the door and hence I have to write my little blurb for it. I will say I enjoyed the ``original`` version much better as I still feel the interior of the mother ship should have been left to the imagination, alas, Spielberg is Spielberg and it`s his film so if he wants to add extra footage who am I to bitch. Also, Lance Henriksen is in there which a lot of people, including myself, often forget. A timeless bit of film making well worth a reviewing sometime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home