Friday, September 14, 2007

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

You have to remember what I'm doing here and that is making space, hence the videos get one last viewing and out the door they go. In the case of MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL there is nothing really to be said. Most people reading here will more than likely know this film line for line and we hold it in high and dear esteem. What I can add if my fear it's popularity may not survive. I showed this to a group of teenagers a few years back and they literally sat there yawning, scratching their heads and wondering what the fuss was all about. Sure, the killer bunny and "I fart in your general direction" managed to get a few chuckles but I honestly think the subtleness of the humour was completely lost on them. Is this the nature of Python or is it simply lack of brains. Funny film....not a funny thought.

1 Comments:

Blogger mister anchovy said...

I think the whole Monty Python business was very much of its time. I don't want to see them any more. Don't look back.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home