Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gangs of New York

Martin Scorsese and 10 Oscar nominations for GANGS OF NEW YORK.......what can I say about this film. Well, if it hadn't been for Daniel Day-Lewis it would have sucked! I'm serious and if you look closely you'll see what I'm on about. Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz, God love them both, simply don't have the sand to carry a film of this weight and if Bill "The Butcher" Cutting had been played by anybody other than Day-Lewis this baby would have fallen flat on it's face.....so much so it should have been called "DANIEL DAY-LEWIS PLAYS A GUY WHO MIGHT BE A REALLY BAD BASTARD BUT HE LOVES HIS COUNTRY". Don't agree...watch it again...closely.....and you'll see what I mean.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martimer said...

It took me moment to realize that you were not talking about The Kings of new York.

Gangs was weak

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home