Sunday, August 26, 2007

Renegades

Kiefer Sutherland and Lou Diamond Phillips are reunited (think Peaches and Herb here) yet again more this mediocre action flick. As a fan of Jack Sholder's films I'm a little biased here and the fact most of it was shot in Toronto makes it even worse. There are some interesting little subplots here, better than in most from this genre, and I won't spoil them for you should you wish to catch this one on TBS or what have you. I will say RENEGADES is worth watching simply as a lesson of WHY one needs a continuity expert. There are more problems in this department than there should be for a film of this budget! This also marks the big screen debut of famed native actor Floyd "Red Crow" Westerman and cult favorite Jami Gertz has a minor role.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what continuity flaws are we talking about here - I've seen the film a couple of times and haven't noticed anything glaring and I'm usually quite good at noticing stuff like that as I'm in the industry.

Do tell!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Hoka-shay-honaqut said...

One awful thing that I remember from this flick is the bad guy getting skewered by the "sacred lance". The awful bit being that it was thrown like a tomahawk; spinning end over end instead of straight along its axis like a javelin. It's kind of like throwing a fastball with a shotput delivery.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Ink Casualty said...

I thought I posted a repky to this but it must have been lost. In the big car chase scene at the beginning a bus vanishes and the background shots are out of place. The salon scene...they never show what happened to the patrons...stuff like that.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home