Friday, April 18, 2008

Deux fréres (Two Brothers)

For some reason I was unaware this was a Jean-Jacques Annaud film until AFTER I'd watched it a couple of times and truth be told I shouldn't have been one bit surprised. As he's shown us time and time again with such films as THE LOVER, QUEST FOR FIRE, THE NAME OF THE ROSE, THE BEAR and even ENEMY AT THE GATES, he can take a fantastical story and breathe life into it as a painter would a canvas. This is a simple tale with many complexities dealing with a man and two tiger cubs seperated in their youth and how the lives of the three intertwine. This is all I wish to tell you about this, other than Guy Pearce is at his very best here, even better than MEMENTO.......like vintage Robert Redford or Paul Newman best! Leave the logic hat on the hook you prefer to hang it on, grab the popcorn. pull up a cushion and be prepared to be awed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martimer said...

.. I think I'll watch it again!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhh I hope I see what U saw. Can't wait.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home