Thursday, January 31, 2008

In Bruges

Martin McDonagh copped an Oscar for best short with his film SIX SHOOTER and here with IN BRUGES he picks up where that story left off. I've not seen SIX SHOOTER though I certainly heard about it back in the day and after seeing IN BRUGES I'll most certainly have to track it down because McDonagh is a talent I most definately want to see more from. Brendan Gleeson is the only hold-over from the original and here is joined by Colin Farrell both who are hiding out in Bruges, Belgium after a botched hit job in London. The patter between these two is utterly priceless making this one of the raunchiest and funniest films I've seen in years. When Ralph (call me Rafe) Fiennes shows up things get even stranger and it'e great to see him bust loose for a change. The script, as to be expected from a playwrite, is an absolute gem and with the scenery as a side IN BRUGES should be on the very top of your "must see" list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home