Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Star Wars: Episode I-The Phantom Menace

I clearly remeber hating this when I first saw it and the reasons were many. I suppose the biggest one was that it made me feel old..as in...why am I not enjoying this like I should be. I'm now of the mind it was because the thing is seriously flawed. Characters with no purpose, action without purpose and special effects without purpose. Hell, the special effects are truly amazing but when you are going to spend that much money making something get a fucking script will ya! Still, on recent viewing I found it more enjoyable and this is perhaps because I expected nothing from it. Poor Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson took the most heat of anyone for their work here which is unfair as I'm of the mind they portrayed their jedi characters in the proper. Worth a look if you have nothing else on your plate but I'd still like to kill Jar Jar Binks and there is no way in fucking hell you'll ever sell me on Anakin growing up to get it on with Queen Padme...I mean really....talk about robbing the cradle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home