Friday, August 24, 2007

Hustle & Flow

Here is another one of those films in no way shape or form made for me. I'd be tempted to say HUSTLE & FLOW is just a poor man's 8 MILE but then I'd be wrong. A simple story about people trying to change their lives around in "the hood" turns into an inspirational tale of motivation. Quite proper in the directing style, there are some fine performances from Terrence Howard and Anthony Anderson. One of my faves, DJ Qualls, offers some good support as well....I can watch this guy in damn near anything. Isaac Hayes and Ludicris have some bit roles and if the story itself doesn't do it you can always just Taryn Manning or wait for Playmate Tracy Davis to do her routine.

1 Comments:

Blogger mister anchovy said...

I think this is a fabulous film. The scenes in Isaac Hayes' bar were filmed in a bbq joint in Memphis called Neeley's. If you're ever down in Memphis, check it out. They have some of the best bbq I've had there!!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home