Thursday, March 15, 2007

Stick It

When I saw this one hit the cinema the first thing I asked myself was "just how desperate is Jeff Bridges for work these days?" and I was quite surprised to see not that damn desperate at all. Yes, this is a tweenie rebel film from the same writer who gave us BRING IT ON and here Jessica Bendinger makes her directorial debut. I sincerely hope to see more work from her soon and this was an amazingly satisfying little film. Bridges gives it just enough of an air of credibility to allow Missy Peregrym and others to do their thing and satisfy the teenage demographic this vehicle is aimed it. Leave it there, let the kids enjoy their damn films and leave the critics outside to their BROKEBACK MOUNTAINS and such. Keep your eyes open for a quick cameo from Anne Lockhart and a tip of the hat to film editor Troy Takaki who does a stellar job in bringing the gymnastic scenes to proper fruition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home