Monday, February 26, 2007

Godzilla on Monster Island

You know, some kids grow up wanting to visit the pyramids, stonehenge, the great wall of China....boring shit like that. I've always wanted to visit TOHO STUDIOS in Japan and I hope one day to make this dream come true. In the Godzilla canon Monster Island ranks low truly being one of the most slip shod offerings from the late director Jun Fukuda. This being said, purists will still need to watch 'Zilly and his pals thwart the diabolical plans of the space cockroaches (no...I don't make this stuff up) effort to take over the Earth. Mostly comprised of stock footage from earlier films look for an unintended cameo fro RODAN who isn't even in this film. I should also say it has always boggled my mind why none of these films were ever nominated for a special effects Oscar.....I hear George Lucas learned everything he knows from them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home